It's never too late to celebrate my Mom!

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I'm a little late posting about Mother's Day, but better late than never, right?? 

I enjoy Mother's Day because it's a day where we all remember how special our mothers are to us, however, I'm reminded of this every day. My mom is so much more than a mother...she's a best friend, an inspiration, a fearless leader and one of the most intelligent, driven and selfless people I know. Maya Angelou once said, "to describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power."  This can be interpreted many different ways, but in my opinion it's about a woman that is strong and has many things perfectly running at one time to create natural beauty and grace. My mom is a hurricane in it's most perfect power...she has beauty inside and out, has the amazing strength to take on, not only, any obstacle that heads her way, but also any obstacle that gets in my way, my sister's way, my dad's way or her son-in-law's way. She takes on everyone's concerns with willingness, positivity and grace and somehow comes up with a solution for each and every problem in life. I'm always floored by this talent. 
We miss you Annie!!
I've been so fortunate to have my mom by my side for the past 29 years. She impacts my life in a positive way each and every day. She challenges me to grow emotionally and intellectually, she inspires me to be a better person and urges me to make a positive impact on this world, she encourages me to always give back to those who need it and to our community and she encourages me to talk about anything, question things and most of all she listens intently any time I call. My mom will always be a very large part of who I am and, for that, I'm forever grateful. I'm a better person because of her and I pray every day that I can be half the mother to my sweet daughter that my mom has been to me. Her friendship, love and support is indescribable. Thank you mom for being an incredible role model, listener, comforter, inspiration, teacher and most of all best friend. 


So, now that you know how wonderful my mother is, we can talk about our fabulous mother's day weekend at CINNAMON SHORES!


My mom had a conference in Port Aransas the week after Mother's Day, so we packed our bags and headed to Cinnamon Shores for the weekend. Instead of renting a house, we rented a 2 bedroom condo. It did not disappoint! There was ample room, a great kitchen, washer and dryer, beautiful sunset views and the decor was perfect (at least in my opinion).
We did a lot of relaxing...laying on the beach, hanging out poolside, reading magazines and catching up on some chick-flick beach reads. B had one great day of surfing and we even browsed a few of the cute, coastal stores in town. We ate at the restaurant in Cinnamon Shores the 1st night. The food was delicious, but they could use a little help with service. The place was packed with people and that was great to see! The second night, we went into town and ate at Virginia's overlooking the bay. 
It's always wonderful to get down to Port A, especially when we get to stay at Cinnamon Shores! It was a wonderfully peaceful and relaxing mother's day. I even got a special gift...I felt my little girl kick for the 1st time! 
 
I hope all of you Mother's out there were spoiled rotten on Mother's Day! Not everyone has a mother to comfort them each day, so please know how thankful we are for a Mother's love.

No comments:

Post a Comment