B's Vacation Friday!

Friday, July 15, 2011

My sweet husband is my number one blog supporter. He always has new ideas for posts, comments about my posts everyday and always says how happy he is that I started it. We were chatting last night and he has been telling me about his dream vacation in Panama for quite a while now. I told him he should be my guest blog today for VACATION FRIDAY and he agreed. Please welcome my first guest blogger, my husband, Brad. He is taking us on his dream trip to TROPIC STAR LODGE in PANAMA!


Topic Star Lodge, Pinas Bay, Panama

Panama has been a sport fishing mecca for quite some time. With over 250 International Game Fish Association world records broken, Tropic Star Lodge in Pinas Bay stands as the poster boy of all that Panamanian fishing has to offer. This has been a dream trip of mine for quite some time as it has all of the attributes of a great fishing adventure; foreign travel and culture, beautiful scenery, and world class fishing.
A typical itinerary for this trip would be to fly into Panama City and stay a night to sample the local flavor. The following day, take a short, fifty minute flight to Pinas Bay and then hop on a panga for a short boat trip to the lodge. From then on, it is fishing, kayaking, swimming, beach-strolling and exploring jungle rivers until you have to head back home.
Huge Black Marlin almost to the boat
Panamanian Sailfish all lit up
Sailfish
Tropic Star can be a great trip for the whole family. A wonderful initiative they offer to help introduce the outdoors to the next generation is the kids club event. Every June through August, this event allows any kid under 16 to fish for free with a paying adult. 
Rooster fish
When I make it to Tropic Star, my focus will be on offshore action including the blue and black marlin, mahi mahi, sailfish and tuna. You can bet I won't miss the incredible inshore fishing as well though, which includes huge rooster fish, snapper, grouper and amberjack to name a few.




A happy customer with a beautiful Mahi Mahi
Fishing isn't the only thing Tropic Star offers, take a hike to a mountain waterfall or head over to White Beach.
Tropic Star Waterfall
Tropic Star White Beach
I'm not sure when it will be, but I can't wait to one day make this trip. To experience the wide array of activities and incredible fishing Tropic Star and Panama has to offer will be one for the highlight reel. -Brad



Thank you, B, for the wonderful post on Tropic Star Lodge. It looks amazing and I look forward to going with you one day. However, if we have a black marlin that close to the boat, I assure you I will be standing inside the boat....taking pictures, of course! :)

Hope you all enjoyed my husband's dream vacation and another great coastal escape on this edition of VACATION FRIDAY!



Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment