Coastal kitchen dreams...

Thursday, July 14, 2011

We are in the very beginning stages of thinking about a kitchen update. I get so excited about it, but must calm myself down because it most likely won't happen until the beginning of next year, but I can begin gathering ideas, right?! I dream of a beautiful, bright coastal kitchen....like this...
or this...
But here's the deal...we aren't going to be in this house forever, so I should probably tone down my coastal love a bit so we can actually sell the house one day! Or, does everyone love blue and green as much as I do? Probably not in Austin, TX...So, how do I find a kitchen with little bits of coastal that won't scare off the future buyers of our house years from now?

Maybe just use a cool backsplash?
Still too much? What about some colored cabinets? They can be painted easily...right?
Or, I guess I can stick with white. No one is scared of white. Or maybe they are...
If you have any ideas/suggestions, please let me know! All I know for sure, is I want a window seat to use as part of our dining area. I love the look of it and we need to utilize space wherever we can. Our kitchen is small! I love this window seat...
If only we had that much space and a beach in our backyard:). I do love the colors and might use this as inspiration for my smaller version window seat.

Happy coastal dreaming and see you tomorrow for VACATION FRIDAY!!!

1 comment:

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

Hi Liz, great kitchen inspirations. They are all great. Love the colors. I am going to get to painting my own cabinets soon. I can't wait to lighten it up. Thanks so much for stopping by.

Post a Comment