Home Exchange

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Would you like to stay here, on the beach, in Santa Barbara...for a month or longer?
Or, how about here, in Maui?
I know I would and I can! Have you ever seen the movie "The Holiday" with Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet? In the movie, they did a home exchange. I remember watching the movie and thinking to myself, "what a great idea! I wish I had come up with that." Well, it appears that someone has really been successful at making home exchanges happen around the world! At HomeExchange.com you can view listings of houses all over the world. You can choose any amenities you would like in the home, any size home, homes that allow pets, etc, etc. Now, I understand this can be a bit scary, but the site says there are over 250,000 successful home exchanges every year and there are a ton of very positive testimonials on the website. The more I check things out, the more I like it! Unlike the movie, "The Holiday," there is no promise that you will meet a Jude Law wherever you stay, but it is certain that you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in a new culture and try out a new way of life for a much less expensive rate than if you stayed at a hotel.

So, now when I tell B that I'm moving to Kiawah Island, he will know that it's really possible and might see me packing my bags soon! Well, as long as I can convince the people that own this house to move to Austin for a while. Hopefully, they LOVE music and I can convince them with a few passes to the Austin City Limits Festival or SXSW tickets:).
Pretty amazing concept. What do you think??






2 comments:

michelle said...

This would be so cool! I love that movie too, one of my favorites. I will have to go check out the site and see where I can dream of going. :)
xo

Leslie said...

The Holiday is one of my favorite movies! This would be such a fun thing to do one day :)

Love your blog, Liz!

Post a Comment