Great weather weekend!

Monday, August 22, 2011

To all of you that live in California...I'm officially jealous! We got back from a wonderful trip to Ojai, CA last night and all I can think about today is how I miss the 80 degree days, 50 degree nights and sitting by a fireplace every evening.

I must admit, I have never been a HUGE fan of California, but I can say with confidence that Ojai has changed that. I was just going to the wrong areas! The mountains that surround the Ojai Valley Inn are breathtaking and the grounds are full of floral that are beautiful beyond words.
It was such a relaxing weekend. We hiked a lot and came upon many beautiful creeks and waterfalls. We enjoyed the insanely peaceful spa services and pool/hot tub at the resort and the delicious seafood. Our favorite thing was grabbing a glass of wine, sitting by the fire wrapped in our scarves, enjoying lots of girl talk and looking into the huge trees covered in beautiful lanterns hanging down providing the perfect amount of light.

It was an amazing weekend for an amazing person, my sister! If you have not been to this area of California...I highly recommend it! The people at the Ojai resort could not have been nicer and the feeling of ease you get while at the resort is one you get from very few places. The best thing...the coast is right down the street!

Hope you all had a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment