It's all happening!

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Yep...you guessed it...that's my kitchen! The project has begun. They took the fur down today and will take the cabinets out. If you don't know what a fur down is, that's a good thing. You will most likely only find them in older houses. There is no need for them.
We have moved into the in-laws because they will begin working on getting rid of our popcorn ceilings tomorrow. Yea! It will be a mess, but a mess that is totally worth it. Why oh why did anyone ever think popcorn ceilings were a good idea? I'm sorry if you love them, I just don't understand them:).
This weekend was wonderful! We visited the Southern Living Idea Home, which I will post pictures of later this week. After the home tour, we headed to Horseshoe Bay Resort to celebrate our first year of marriage! It was hot, but extremely relaxing and so much fun to reminisce on the many memories we had at Horseshoe Bay just one short year ago.

Later gators!




3 comments:

Hilary said...

Yay! Can't wait to see the finished product :)

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

Oh yay! I'll be starting shortly too. We had a house guest for a month so I didn't want to do it then. Now I need to buy a sprayer! Looks like you took out your soffit. Was that hard?

Liz said...

Hi Anita! It is a very exciting process. We did take out the soffit and I don't think it was all that difficult. We, fortunately, did not have any wires or pipes running through our soffits, so it was a clean process. From what I understand, this is not always the case. Good luck with the remodel and I look forward to reading about it!

Post a Comment