Southern Living done well...

Thursday, August 4, 2011

It's here! The 2011 Southern Living Idea House has arrived! I visited the Southern Living Idea House in Cinnamon Shores a couple years back and it was amazing. I fell in love with the Cinnamon Shores community the day I visited that home. It's not surprise that this one is just as amazing. The great news is...it's in Texas, so I can visit! In fact, it's in Escondido in Horseshoe Bay and sits on Lake LBJ, which holds a very special place in my heart. It's where B and I got married last August.

There are so many things I love about this house, but one of the best things is it's not fancy. The designer, Marcus Mohon, kept it relaxed, easy and usable. Just like a lake house should be. There are not a ton of photos out yet, but watch the video on the link above and you can see a few of the beautiful spaces! The use of century-old barn wood all over the house is a perfect touch to maintain the "low-maintenance" feel. My favorite room from the video is the laundry room. Weird...right? Just wait until you see it. They used wood paneling and it's painted a beautiful blue/green color. It's so inviting and light...right up my alley!

You will be able to see more pictures in the September issue of Southern Living. However, there are some teasers below. Southern Living teamed up with Ballard Designs to decorate this lakeside home and Ballard Designs released a few photos of the home for a sneak peak!
LOVE the wood beams on the ceiling!
This light fixture is amazing!
Beautiful!   
There is a TON of outdoor living space in the house. Of course there is...it's on the lake! The fabric the designers chose for the outdoor furniture is beautiful, airy, and natural. The blue trim on the doors and windows is one of my favorite touches of this space. You can sit in this space and still feel like you are in a boat on the water.
Lanterns are a great touch
Love the blue rug!
I want to see more! The video does show the kitchen, and as I said above, my favorite room...the laundry room. The good news is the house is open for viewing! I'm going to get my camera and go see it! If you are interested, you can find tour information here. Or, you can just wait less than a month for the September issue of Southern Living.

See you all tomorrow for VACATION FRIDAY!



No comments:

Post a Comment